|1. ||What are the contents of e-Federal Gazette?|
- The e-Federal Gazette publishes all subsidiary legislation [P.U.(A) and P.U.(B)] which are made under federal laws commencing from 26 April 2011.
- All legislation (Principal Act and Amending Act) passed by Parliament starting from March 2011 (during the First Meeting of the Fourth Session of Twelfth Parliament) has been published from 2 June 2011.
|2. ||Where can the legislation made prior to 26 April 2011 be obtained?|
- Principal legislation made prior to 26 April 2011 can be obtained from the Attorney General's Chambers' portal (www.agc.gov.my) and Percetakan Nasional Malaysia Berhad's (PNMB) portal (www.lawnet.com.my), as well as the web sites/portal of the respective Ministries/Department and agencies of the Federal Government.
- Subsidiary legislation made prior to 26 April 2011 can be obtained from PNMB's website (www.lawnet.com.my and www.e-warta.com.my).
- Printed copies of the principal legislation and the subsidiary legislation can be purchased from PNMB.
|3. ||Can the legislation published on e-Federal Gazette be downloaded?|
- The legislation can be downloaded and printed from this portal for purposes of reference.
- Users however are reminded that copies printed from this portal do not constitute copies of the Gazette printed by the Government Printer (PNMB) for purposes of section 61 of the Interpretation Acts 1948 and 1967 (in relation to proving the law in court proceedings).
- Users can purchase printed copies of the Gazette which are published in this portal from PNMB.
- Subsidiary legislation will be printed on a weekly basis and can be purchased the following week.
|4. ||What is the legal status of the legislation published on e-Federal Gazette?|
- Section 3 of the Interpretation Acts 1948 and 1967 [Act 388] defines "Gazette" as including official Gazette published in electronic form.
- Subsection 18(4) of Act 388 states that the date of publication of the Gazette shall be deemed to be the date the Gazette is first published in any form.
- Commencing from 26 April 2011, e-Warta Persekutuan shall be the first official Gazette published to the public.